Senior Business and Human Rights Consultant – Geneva
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join our team in Geneva, Switzerland. This role will involve leading client projects across our key markets and working closely with our Director of Consulting in Switzerland to create new business opportunities.
twentyfifty is an award-winning management consultancy working with many well-known global companies to transform their social & environmental performance by embedding best-practice human rights due diligence throughout their activities. We partner with our clients on the journey from identifying their human rights impacts and implementing management systems, to the sustainability transition and becoming responsible and sustainable businesses. We hold strongly that human rights due diligence done well will be transformative, and that the human detail, bringing the voice of rightsholders from the field to the boardroom, is an essential element.
Key skills and experience required
- Minimum of five years’ experience working within a large business or consultancy in the areas of business and human rights, sustainability, or responsible sourcing
- Proven business development experience and skills, including building and maintaining strong relationships, developing, and presenting proposals, and winning business
- Relevant network in sustainability and/or business & human rights in Switzerland
- Excellent knowledge of the business and human rights agenda, key international frameworks such as the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and recent legislative developments
- Excellent and proven project leadership skills, including project management, client/stakeholder engagement, team management and quality delivery
- Passionate about business as a contributor to sustainable development and helping companies frame and implement ambitious commitments
- Resilient and able to work under pressure to deadlines and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to engage with a wide range of people, confident and personable
What we can offer you
- A friendly and collaborative international team who is passionate and committed to impact and human flourishing
- Being part of a growing, innovative, and exciting business, leading in its field and seeking to operate responsibly itself
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
Working with twentyfifty will give you exposure to different companies, industries, and geographies and the opportunity to deepen your expertise in particular topic areas or issues. We are growing rapidly and we are putting in place first class training and professional development systems. You will learn from the leaders and most experienced consultants in the field of business and human rights, and further develop highly transferable consulting skills and experience. You will become part of a high performing team, in which we all respect, learn from, and care for each other – and we also find time to have fun.
At the end of the working day, as you go home you will know that by working with twentyfifty and our clients you are helping to establish the conditions for the lives of millions of disadvantaged and vulnerable people to be positively impacted.
twentyfifty is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to be an exemplary company ourselves, innovative in our own practices, and are signatories of the UN Global Compact, the Women’s Empowerment Principles and hold certified B Corp status. We thus strongly encourage qualified applicants from all walks of life to apply for our positions and work hard to ensure our recruitment decisions are free from bias.