AIM-Progress is a member’s organisation for the FMCG sector which focusses on responsible sourcing that has a positive impact on people’s lives, ensures respect for human rights, and delivers value to members and their supply chains.
twentyfifty was engaged to develop a concept and roadmap for AIM-Progress’ new Centre of Excellence: a portal with best practice guidance and tools to help members create a step-change in their responsible sourcing approaches.
Key success factors
AIM-Progress had already implemented a number of tools to support its members in developing their responsible sourcing capability including:
- a Responsible Sourcing Journey (RSJ) self-assessment tracking tool to help members identify where they are in terms of their responsible resourcing and how they can accelerate their development
- a Resource Hub on the Members’ Zone website
- training for both suppliers and members
The next step was to create a bespoke Centre of Excellence (CoE) that was engaging, scalable, easy to use and helpful to members wanting to create a step-change in their responsible sourcing approaches.
We engaged AIM-Progress members in the development process and worked closely with the core Capability Building team. We also engaged the wider membership through 1:1 and group conversations and facilitated their feedback into the Members’ meeting.
Through researching other CoE frameworks and models, we clarified that, for AIM-Progress, the CoE needed to comprise:
- a community of practice – sharing expertise, knowledge and experience
- a knowledge management system – with up-to-date information, tools and resources
- a training system – publicising training that’s available to members and suppliers.
We investigated and benchmarked a number of different technology platform solutions and recommended a shortlist of providers who could meet the brief.
We successfully delivered an ambitious plan for developing and implementing AIM-Progress’ Centre of Excellence with delivery options, estimated costs, and a five-year implementation roadmap. In doing so, we raised the aspirations for its success and the positive impact it will have on the FMCG sector.
In addition, our consultation and engagement process with members enhanced AIM Progress's relationship with its primary stakeholders.