Business and Human Rights Consultant
CLOSING DATE: 4th DECEMBER 2023
We are looking for a consultant to join our committed, creative, and collaborative team. Ideally candidates will be based near one of our hubs in London, Bristol, Geneva, or Berlin.
twentyfifty is an award-winning management consultancy working with many well-known global companies to transform their social & environmental performance by embedding best-practice human rights due diligence throughout their activities. We partner our clients on the journey from identifying their human rights impacts and implementing management systems, to the sustainability transition and becoming responsible and sustainable businesses. We hold strongly that human rights due diligence done well will be transformative, and that the human detail, bringing the voice of rightsholders from the field to the boardroom, is an essential element.
Consultancy offers an opportunity to significantly broaden your experience of different companies, industries, geographies and to deepen your expertise in particular topic areas or issues. We are growing and putting in place first class training, development, and mentoring. You will be trained by the leaders and most experienced consultants in this field, developing highly transferable skills and experience that will help you to make a step change in your position in the employment market. You will become part of a high performing team, in which we all respect, learn from, and care for each other – and we also find time to have fun.
At the end of the working day, as you go home you will know that by working with twentyfifty and its clients you are helping to establish the conditions for the lives of millions of disadvantaged and vulnerable people to be positively impacted.
Key skills and experiences
- Minimum of two years’ experience working within a large business or consultancy in the areas of business and human rights, sustainability, or responsible sourcing
- Good knowledge of the business and human rights agenda and recent developments related to implementing the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Passionate about business as a contributor to sustainable development
- An interest in twentyfifty and our work and a desire to help businesses think ambitiously and strategically
- The ability to develop high quality client facing deliverables
- The ability to produce succinct, structured, and impactful communications, and an engaging presentation style
- Excellent project management, organisation, and time management skills
- Analytical capabilities including the use of excel and power BI (or equivalent)
- Resilient and able to work under pressure to deadlines and to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident and personable, to communicate with a wide range of people including senior leaders
Key tasks your role will involve
- Produce high-quality project deliverables in line with client needs
- Conduct effective research, including secondary research, interviews, and surveys
- Analyse complex information and large data sets to deliver accessible outputs, drawing out engaging patterns and stories
- Participate in client presentations and facilitate small group discussions, both virtually and in person
- Contribute to the design and delivery of workshops and trainings
- Build and maintain relationships with clients
- Continually enhance expertise in key content areas and keep abreast of relevant market and legislative developments
- Contribute to proposals and case studies
- Participate in internal strategic projects including the development of methodologies and peer learning
- Occasional travel within Europe and to emerging markets
What we can offer you
- A friendly and collaborative international team who is passionate and committed to impact
- Being part of a growing, innovative, and exciting business, leading in its field and seeking to operate responsibly itself
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Flexible and hybrid working
twentyfifty is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to be an exemplary company ourselves, innovative in our own practices, and are signatories of the UN Global Compact, the Women’s Empowerment Principles and hold certified B Corp status. We thus strongly encourage qualified applicants from all walks of life to apply for our positions and we work hard to ensure our recruitment decisions are free from bias.