twentyfifty works with global businesses to help them understand and address their impacts, enabling them to lead change that benefits business and society. Founded in 2004, we are the most experienced management consultancy in the practical implementation of human rights and social sustainability within businesses. We have a dedicated, and dynamic team of consultants based in the UK, Germany, Africa, and India and deliver projects in many further countries through local partners.
We are experiencing exceptional demand for our services and have seen opportunities opening up to engage at more senior levels and on a wider scale. We are looking to appoint an Account Director to manage and develop our highest value client accounts, oversee the delivery of project work, and develop our talented team of consultants.
Key tasks include
- Leadership and management of 1 or 2 key client accounts (£500k+ annually) within FMCG and Retail, Agriculture and/or Industrials (including technology and science), delivering strategic value and driving innovation
- Ensure a robust understanding of the client’s business and their strategic plan and priorities, alongside a high-level understanding of their social risks and potential for ‘positive impact’
- Oversee multiple projects for these accounts, ensuring the standard of our delivery is high and aligns with the clients’ strategic plan
- Identify opportunities to grow the account to achieve optimum impact and profitability
- Engage client’s key stakeholders in regular reviews of twentyfifty’s service performance
- Work collaboratively with the Managing Partners and Sector Leads to develop strategies to optimise the performance of the business
- Manage consultants, associates and experts working on projects to ensure client needs are met and margins realised from project activities
- Identify emerging talent, ensuring they are developed and given new areas of responsibility
- Act as a mentor for consulting team members, offering guidance and support to enable them to perform to their full potential
- Develop and facilitate client workshops, multi-stakeholder events and training courses
- Draft proposals and lead contract negotiations.
We are looking for a candidate with
- Passion for business as a powerful contributor to sustainable development, plus experience and knowledge of the fields of corporate responsibility and social sustainability (and, ideally, human rights)
- Ability to develop excellent working relationship with clients
- Proven experience of growing key accounts, delivering proposals, and negotiating contracts
- Demonstrable track record of leading and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- In-depth understanding of the internal drivers of business and key client organisations, with experience of leveraging client relationships to open up new opportunities and grow new business
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognise opportunities to act more effectively and innovatively in response
- Collaborative, flexible and able to manage uncertainty - and to assert strong leadership as necessary
- Adept at working virtually – 1:1, team, and large group – with developed capacity for self-management and self-support
- Resilient and able to work under pressure – balancing multiple demands and delivering against tight project deadlines
- Experience working cross-culturally and internationally.
What we can offer you
- A permanent contract with an initial six-month probationary period
- Competitive salary and participation in company bonus-scheme
- Being part of a growing, innovative, and exciting business, leading in its field and seeking to operate responsibly itself
- An international team which is passionate about and committed to sustainability, human rights and systems change
- Flexible and family-friendly working arrangements
- Personal development and training opportunities.
twentyfifty is an equal opportunity employer. As a consultancy specialising in human rights, it is particularly important to us to promote inclusion and provide a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect. We also recognise that diversity of thought and experience makes us a stronger team. We thus strongly encourage qualified applicants from all walks of life to apply for our positions and work hard to ensure our recruitment decisions are free from bias.